Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fear-of-Rejection in F(Ph)oenix

Dear Dr. Lunch,

I'm worried that my coworkers aren't going to enjoy my suggestion of fish and chips for lunch! How do I bring some more sea life into our lunch relationship?

Best,

Fear-of-Rejection in F(Ph)oenix


Dear Fear-of-Rejection in F(Ph)oenix,

Don't worry about what your coworkers think! When it comes to lunch you can only be yourself! Look them straight in the eye and say to them: "I don't care if you're nauseated by the smell, I don't care if you are allergic to all sea life, hell I don't care if you're actually a mermaid/merman and you're eating your own kind. I'm a man who enjoys my fish and chips... it's what our culture was founded on! WHO'S WITH ME!"

I think you'll find that a little confidence is going to get you a long way... or you can suggest Pad Thai... you can't go wrong with Pad Thai.

Good Luck,

Dr. Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment